top
logo

Alumni Contributions

Thank you for your donation.

Amount:   USD


Iowa State Chapter of Triangle Fraternity
Alumni Board Meeting Minutes - 01-23-2011 E-mail

Attendees:

  1. Brant Bristow
  2. Nate Engle
  3. Chris Moe
  4. Josh Brown
  5. Jason Carroll
  6. Dax Kuhfuss
  7. Brian Vanecek
  • Office/Committee Reports
    • President
      • Still working on renting the annex in the short term
      • Management company believes they can get $1,350 - $1,400 a month for Spring 2011. $2,000 a month for the Fall.
      • $825 spent on repairs thus far.
      • No written contract right now.
    • Treasurer
      • Current Status
        • Have about $1,500 dollars.
        • Will pay down taxes on annex.
        • Get $850 in pledged donation this past week.
      • Authorization of checking accounts
        • Will close active accounts and only use the alumni account.
      • 3-year amount due = about $30,000 ($10,000 due May, other $20,000).
  • Old Business
    • Suspension of Active Chapter
      • Suspension Letter - Awaiting National vote on Monday (they rescheduled from Sunday).  Expecting Brian T. to let us know.
      • All Ritual items at Aaron Brace's house.
      • Nate asked about the check books for the checking account
        • Nate will follow-up with who he thinks has them.
        • Have a local alumnus pick them up.
      • Initiation of Aaron Swailes
        • Pending the vote from National Council on Monday.
      • Garbage, Utilities, etc.
        • Garbage collection canceled.
        • Incurring expenses for heating the annex.
  • New Business
    • The following positions are provided access to all donation information:
        • President
        • Treasurer
        • Facilities Director
        • All elected or appointed positions that primarily deal with fund raising.
      • Approved unanimously.
    • Seek a loan for immediate needs.
      • Will be much faster than fundraising.
      • General thoughts on terms
        • Something like 2% APR.
        • Will start paying back in 2014 when new colony starts up.
        • If we sell the property, they will be paid back first.
      • Nate will provide an estimate of money needed to last three years.
      • Ask one or more alumni for a loan to be paid back.
        • Note that BLF is not an option.  They can only provide loans for facility upgrades.
        • Josh has a short list to start with.  Scott Bova has some additional names if needed.
      • Approved unanimously.
    • Discuss process of re-colonization decision.
      • Dax's email with flowcharts.
      • Tabled until Josh's efforts to attain a loan, but discussions will continue via email in the interim.
    • Alumni communication for February 8th.
      • Quick email and/or mailing informing of suspension and re-colonization plans.
      • Don't include fundraising.
      • Draft of communication for the next conference call.
 
Alumni Board Meeting Minutes - 01-11-2011 E-mail

Attendees:

  1. Chris Moe
  2. Jason Carroll
  3. Brian Vanecek
  4. Brant Bristow
  5. Bill Stockdale
  6. Dane Pigott
  7. Dax Kuhfuss
  8. Olaf Peterson
  9. Nate Engle
  10. Josh Brown
  11. Colby Moorberg
  12. Matt Moorberg
  13. Justin Richardson
  14. Brian Tenclinger
  • Bill Stockdale motions to recommend to the National Council that the Chapter be suspended.
    • Seconded by Dane Pigott
    • Amend to request that the active chapter be allowed to initiate Aaron Swailes.
      • Passed by UC.
    • Vote on amended motion
      • Motion approved 6 - 0.
  • Set time for next meeting.
    • 8 pm on Sunday, January 16th.
 
Alumni Board Meeting Minutes - 11-18-2010 E-mail

Attendees:
Jason Carroll
Nate Engle
Josh Brown
Brian Vanecek
Brant Bristow


Minutes:

  • Have a property management guy lined up to look at the property.
    • Jason is working to coordinate a tour with Clint and/or Brace.
  • Code issues with Annex
    • Josh has a checklist from a city of Ames website with a list of things included in the rental code.
    • Good news is that we shouldn't have to worry too much about major renovation type expenses, since we don't have to conform to building codes, just the rental code.
    • The rental company should be able to provide some guidance, plus any feedback we get from the inspection.
  • Discussed getting a BLF loan for this.
    • Use that money to improve the annex.
    • Nate - Could we ask for more to pay off our First National loan?


Motion 1)

I move to hold an Annex Work Weekend for Dec 4th to fix any required aspects of the Annex that we need to fix in order to get it up to code per the City of Ames.  In order to hold the work weekend we will need to turn back on power and water to the Annex before the work weekend starts.  We will work with the active chapter to get as many of them to attend, but their attendance will be optional as finals are only 15 days from this date.  We will advertise the work weekend via the website and email newsletter.

Board conditionally approves this motion contingent on getting money from BLF to fund the work.  Josh Brown will talk to BLF to see what this will take.

 


Motion 2)

I motion that we attempt to keep the chapter solvent and own and maintain all 3 parcels of land we currently own for at least the next three years by requesting alumni donations and pledged donations totaling $38,250.  This number was reached as follows:

Current Debt     $8,000.00
3 years expenses:     $45,000.00
3 years Annex Rent Income:     -$33,750.00
3 years maintenance/upkeep on main house:     $6,000.00
recruitment expenses and active chapter support     $8,000.00
unexpected expenses / unfulfilled pledges     $5,000.00

TOTAL:     $38,250.00


We will set a deadline of March 31st to obtain all donations and pledges.  If we are within 80% our fund raising goal we will proceed with the long term plan for the house and facility as developed by the facilities committee.  If we do not meet our goal then we will contact all of the donors and issue them refunds or if they wish we can forward their donation on to the National Fraternity and we will start executing a plan to sell the chapter property (this plan is also to be determined by the facilities committee). 

Brant/Josh proposes an amendment that the board along with the facilities committee will convene a meeting once the deadline is reached to evaluate progress towards the goal and determine which actions are necessary.

 

Motion passes as amended.

 


 

  • Josh Brown reports that he is still working on forming the Facitilies committee.  Right now, more focused on the short term, primarily looking at securing the financial situation for the next three years.
    • Has been contacted by a few alums interested in the committee.

 

  • Josh discussed a little about the fundraising effort.
    • Looking at setting up a fundraising page on the website over the next two weeks.
    • Get the chapter roster together and break up the list into 20 sections.  Then get as many people as possible calling everyone.
    • Beyond just soliciting donations, we will also seek updated contact information for other members.
  • Josh will contact Scott Bova tomorrow to discuss loan possibilities.
 
Alumni Board Meeting Minutes - 11-08-2010 E-mail

11/08/2010 - 9 pm - Alumni Board Conference Call

Read more...
 
Homecoming 2010 Recap E-mail

We had a great time this year at homecoming.  From tailgating to alumni board meeting, it was a good time connecting with old friends and meeting new ones.

Check out the photo gallery for some pictures from the tailgate and our meetings here.

The alumni meeting minutes are posted here and the corporation board meeting minutes are posted here.

Read more...
 
« StartPrev12345678910NextEnd »

Page 10 of 12

bottom

Joomla!. XHTML and CSS.