Alumni Contributions

Thank you for your donation.

Amount:   USD

Exciting News for the Chapter! E-mail

June 14, 2019

I’m very pleased to share with you some exciting news!

Since the re-colonization of the chapter we have celebrated success in academics, service, and brotherhood while achieving some very impressive milestones, including re-securing our charter and purchasing our new house. However, we have struggled to achieve our goal of a stable, consistent, operationally effective chapter. We realize that, despite our successes, we’re still a young organization without the historical, institutional experience of much older chapters. Over the past several months, we have been actively working to find a way to address this challenge and provide more support to the chapter.

Many of you are already familiar with Triangle National’s Educational Leadership Consultant (ELC) program. ELCs are individuals experienced and trained in the multitude of areas necessary to have a successful chapter. The ELCs periodically visit chapters for a few days to conduct assessments and then work with the chapters to address areas of need. It’s an excellent program but the ELCs are spread very thin and can’t get to each chapter as frequently as we’d like.

We want to leverage this existing program but make it more beneficial to our chapter by getting much more dedicated, on-site, direct interaction with the chapter. A very generous alumnus stepped forward and agreed to fund a fulltime ELC who will be based in the chapter house and who will dedicate 75% of their time to helping the ISU chapter. The other 25% will be to support Triangle National educational programs and a few local chapters. This is an enormous benefit to the chapter – I don’t know of any other fraternity with a dedicated ELC.

In the past month, we defined the position, secured the donation, and began seeking candidates. Last week we identified who we believe is an ideal candidate – excellent relevant experience as an ELC, ISU Greek experience and contacts, and highly recommended by the ISU Director of Greek Affairs. The candidate is not a Triangle. And… the candidate is not male. We believe a non-Triangle is positive – an outside view and new ideas. On the other point, it initially gave us pause (as I’m sure it does for you too). We’ve conducted very thorough due diligence including speaking with multiple key executives in Triangle National, Triangle’s legal counsel, Triangle’s insurance provider, ISU Director of Greek Affairs (multiple times), the candidate’s references, and another fraternity at ISU who utilizes a live-in female graduate student house director. And of course, multiple people have interviewed the candidate. All of the discussions were positive, and the interview results were exceptional. We have a Director’s Suite which provides full living facilities which are distinctly separate from the other living areas of the house. We will specify specific ground rules to reduce the risk of any incidents. But the bottom line is we trust the character of our men and expect they will handle this with the appropriate respect and professionalism.

Here is a summary of Quinn’s qualifications. Quinn Moran is a native of Cedar Rapids, Iowa and the successful Past President of Alpha Delta Pi Sorority at ISU in 2017. Quinn graduated ISU Summa Cum Laude in Business Marketing in 2018 and has extensive leadership experience at her sorority, at the ISU Panhellenic Council and as a Leadership Consultant for her sorority for the last year. Quinn brings a combination of positive attitude, great communication skills, experience in recruitment at ISU and excellent relations in the ISU Greek community and ISU officials. Quinn understands the system, what it takes to succeed in building a strong chapter and the commitment to work extremely hard and closely with the active chapter and alumni to make it happen. In fact, she has already jumped in with both feet and the board is extremely impressed with her efforts in the first few weeks to help with summer recruitment. Quinn will have a dual reporting role to Triangle National and the ISU Triangle Alumni Board.

This is another incredible benefit bestowed on our men and the chapter. A fully funded, ELC dedicated to teaching and assisting us to become the best chapter we can be. We expect the position will continue for 2 years at which point the chapter should be mature, stable, and self-sustaining. We will provide additional details in the future, but we wanted to quickly announce this to all of you.

If you have any questions, please reach out to me or anyone on the Alumni Board.

In F S & C,
John P. Pritchard
ISU Alumni Board President



Alumni Board
mailing list:  This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it



Joomla!. XHTML and CSS.